Saturday 27 June 2020

One Quirk Later | Flash Fiction Prompt #2

There was supposed to be a post between this and the last writing prompt one.

I lost track of time.

For three weeks.

It's a thing that happens.

But! In the meantime, I have named my flash fiction series! (something I had been worried about because me + naming things = pANIC)

*drum roll* Introducing:


...because I consider these short stories to be fun little quirks on my writing journey, and I'm finding that they're all turning out quite quirky tone-wise, too.

One Quirk Later: Prompt #2


(Individual pictures can be found on my boards e. aes | brown, c. girls and b. fugitives.)

I've had an idea or two while assembling this prompt... hopefully one works itself into a story before next week's post....

Now to, once more, request your presence...

To join in with this madness:

  1. Write whatever this picture prompt inspires you to! (You don't have to use all the pictures.)
  2. Post it on your blog! (Unless you prefer to keep it private, which is fine too.)
  3. Link back to this post—and there's a link-up image now, too!

  4. Comment on one of my posts so I can come and read your amazing writing!!
    (I am really really excited about this step...)
  5. I'll list links to everyone's stories in the next month's post!

• • • • • • •
What do you think about this prompt? (and the name?) Is there something particular you'd like to see in a future prompt? I will take requests into consideration!

And if you're still interested in last month's prompt, go ahead! Drop your thoughts or any links to stories into the comments, and know that I will be very very excited.
• • • • • • •
Special shout-out to Kate Marie, who wrote a flash fiction based on last month's prompt! I have not managed to fIND it yet (*shakes wheelie walker at technology*), but I know it's going to be awesome.
(Kate, it is on Story and Dark Chocolate, right? because I'm getting an error message :'(

UPDATE: Thanks to Samantha for pointing out Kate Marie's new blog! Kate is now at Stories In My Soul, and you can find her flash fiction for last month right here and it is amazing and YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT IMMEDIATELY it is so heartwarming and funny. READ IT. READ IT NOW.

23 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! And the name is great! And I may have to join in for this one and the last one...depends on if I have spare time, haha.
    (Also, Kate Marie is now at https://storiesinmysoul.wordpress.com/ which threw me for a loop as well. 😀)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha! And spare time is the thing we're all hunting for, right??

      (Thank you so much for sharing that, I may never have found her otherwise xD)

      Delete
    2. HI HELLO. This is so insanely late and I'm very transient in the blogging world these days, but THANK YOU Samantha for being smart and helping redirect people and MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES for being confusing and switching up blog names on you guys!!! Also also, Jem, your sweet words about my lil flash fiction made me smile today :)))

      Delete
    3. Hi Kate!! Your flash fiction deserves a bunch of sweet words <3 <3 (also a couple of tears but okay)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this is so fun! I've been seeing a lot of picture prompts lately and I think it's such a cool concept. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picture prompts are definitely a fun way of approaching writing! What other ones have you found, Emily? I'd love to have a look! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooooooh I CAN'T WAIT to see what you do with this prompt!! This link-up is a great idea, though I won't be able to participate myself. :'( FLASH FIC ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flash fiction is very fun, and I can't wait to see what people do with it! (How is your short story project going, the one based off a music album?)

      Delete
  4. MEEP I'M SO EXCITED!! I WILL JOIN PROPERLY THIS TIME AND LINK BACK AND EVERYTHING AHA. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONSIDERING YOUR LAST STORY, KATE, I WOULD CONSIDER IT AN HONOUR :D

      Delete
  5. This is so fun!! I love the name you gave it!!

    I think I might give this prompt a try (though I'm going to maybe submit it to Havok, so I won't post it on my blog. I'll send it to you, though!). I'm very excited to see where it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, do you submit to Havok much, Sarah? And if you try this prompt, I would love to read it!

      Delete
    2. Eh, I don't submit much. I usually miss the deadlines. But I might give this one a shot. Maybe. If I can get it to fit one of the categories.

      Delete
  6. YES! I love the new title for the post series, and I can't wait to see what you do with this prompt :) I might join you...might...if I can pull my life together...We'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Blogger feed informs me that you've joined me, Erik, and I am SO EXCITED!!

      Delete
  7. Hey, losing track of time for three weeks is A THING.

    Also, I love this. Also I wanted to do the last prompt but then I didn't because that's how I live my life. So maybe I will still do it. And definitely maybe I will do this one too because these prompts are cool and I have ideas! (If only I would make myself sit down and WRITE these ideas...*distant sobbing*)
    Also, actually, I'm doing this just for that graphic (HOW. GORGEOUSNESS. PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR GRAPHIC DESIGN WAYS. it is so quirky and PRETTY) and the title. Which I like very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I've inspired ideas, Sarah, than this is a success (JOIN ME. But "if only I would make myself sit down and WRITE" is such a mood though.)

      *blushes* I JUST THROW THE GRAPHICS TOGETHER. Canva's pretty handy!

      Delete
  8. I would LOVE to do this flash prompt. Let's just hope I have the time...

    I'm glad you've made this into a series! I wanted to get around to the last prompt, but I didn't because I suddenly ran out of motivation, yay! :-D But seriously, I really want to do this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation is RUDE for running out on us all the time... If you get time, Becky, I'd love to see whatever you write! :D

      Delete
  9. Ooo I would love to participate!
    But hey, can you point me to the direction of how to follow your blog?
    I still haven't how people follow blogs in blogspot. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Poulami! Please do participate - the more the merrier. :)

      Delete

rule 1: comment. or the owl will judge you
rule 2: no inappropriate language. or the owl will judge you.
rule 3: have fun. or the owl will judge you.
((rule 4: feed the owl, he likes cake))