Saturday 24 July 2021

Guess who's not, in fact, dead!

What's this? An update? From me??

...it's exactly as likely as you'd think, seeing how I've Vanishethed for months again, so... not very.

I promised a short break and a Quirk! and then I! dropped off the face of the earth! sadly not literally, that would be exciting! in what is an unfortunate trend for me! 

Since I've been absent for a while without explanation (which, I have to say, is completely in character, I thought I'd answer some questions which no one has asked but you're probably thinking: 


- Um. What have you been doing?

 

I have been sitting at the entrance to the halls of knowledge. Judging people.

(...work. I work in a library.) 

((I do not actually judge people. Usually. Unless you leave a chewed-on toothpick in your book when you return it.))

I recently became a full-time library assistant, after only a year of casual work, which is exciting! I do miss having that time at home, though. xD (Customer service can be... draining. As anyone who's worked customer service will agree.)


- So... what made you return??

 

Overwhelming guilt.

I jest. Overwhelming guilt causes me to freeze up and ignore the problem and never do anything ever. That's... not to say it didn't exist, but it certainly didn't help me to return xD

I'd been meaning to come back for what feels like months now but is somehow only two? but my internal dialogue went something like this: 

"oh no, I missed the first Saturday of the month! I was meant to do a Quirk!"

"...guess I'll have to wait until next month then" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


- HAVE YOU ABANDONED YOUR QUIRKS

 

For the last few months, apparently yes?? So much for them keeping me accountable to my blogging schedule. But not permanently! I enjoy making them, I enjoy writing them, and most of all I enjoy conning you talented people into feeding me amazing bites of story mwahaha reading what you've written. 


- You said the next Quirk would be after April!!



- So... what actually pushed you to return? You never actually said, just rambled about guilt for a while and then laughed maniacally and stuffed licorice allsort marshmallows into your face?

 

Firstly. Have you ever eaten licorice allsort marshmallows. The mixed signals are a trip

Secondly. Everyone has the right to maniacal laughter and I exercise mine.  


 Thirdly. Uhhh... I didn't answer, did I. I get distracted easily and also am a pantser for even blog posts apparently? 

Well. The thing that gave me that final kick required to come back and face the atrocity that is the new Blogger, fun side rant, did you know they're ceasing their email subscription tool? was something the ever-amazing, villain-loving, pitchfork-wielding, actual-sunshine-but-don't-tell-her-I-said-so Kenzie told me. And the follow-up to that. 

And I can't tell you what it was. 

Actually. no. I can. It was a whole bunch of screaming about some mysterious news which she couldn't tell me

BUT. She's just an inspiration in general, guys. Also stay tuned.


- Are you going to have any actual point to this post or was the point just to mention licorice allsort marshmallows and use Loki gifs?

 

...I'm still not sure how I feel about the marshmallows, but Loki gifs are worth it. Nope, this is it. 

11 comments:

  1. ...this is going in a comment because I don't want to spoil my dramatic exit xD

    TELL ME ALL THE THINGS!! how are you?? what adventures and escapades and quests have you been on? have you ever eaten a licorice allsorts marshmallow? what's the longest you've been on an unplanned hiatus? is it possible to use too many Loki gifs (being careful to keep using new and exciting ones, of course)?

    also!! tell me one awesome thing that's happened in the blogosphere recently! shout out to the friend who's done something cool, written a thoughtful post, cracked a terrible dad joke, achieved a milestone! (brag about your friends pls, you know they deserve it! <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back blogging again!

    My current adventure is having a friend (my roommate from college) visit. Yesterday she, my sister, my sister's roommate, and I all went to an escape room and then had a board game party, so that was fun.

    Congrats on your full-time library job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An *escape room?* That sounds like SUCH a fun way to hang out with friends, Sarah!! Was there a particular theme?

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  3. Yay, you're back!! And congrats on the full-time library positions! *confetti*

    (also, there is no such thing as using too many Loki GIFs, please never stop XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wallows in confetti* Thanks Nicole!!

      (I mayyy have been inspired by Sarah-Thanos-Who-Is-All-Things with the Loki gifs xD)

      Delete
  4. Greetings, Jem! 'Tis a joy to hear from you again! I must admit I am intrigued by licorice allsort marshmallows. I have never eaten one, and I don't know if I would be brave enough to do so...
    I am extremely excited for more Quirks to come, because I need and incentive to write about something other than anime. Ever since December by blog posts have been exceedingly anime/manga saturated and I NEED HELP.
    Who on earth would leave a chewed on toothpick in a book though. I will hunt them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Licorice allsort marshmallows... are exactly what you'd expect and yet a complete surprise?? I don't know, man.

      (Ooh, I've never known how to enter the large and intimidating anime/manga world, so I'll have to check your posts out! The furthest I've been is Studio Ghibli, and even then it was like. four titles.)

      Thank you, dear Sponge. I shall set you on all the people who return books with funky things in them. (Once pursued by a sentient sponge, they will see the error of their ways...)

      Delete
  5. MEEP MEEP!!! I'm so excited to see you returnnnnnn! (dude, we must do a blogging collab sometime. How about the "how to make a dramatic re-entrance into the blogosphere after accidentally disappearing for some odd months" because holy guacamole do I have some expERIENCE IN THAT. XD

    ALSO ALSO!!! I'm totally ignoring the sunshine comment because I AM FIRE. I AM DEATH. I WILL RAVAGE YOUR SEA TOWN AND EAT A FORK. *coughs* Anyway. YOU are a dear inspiration to ME, my friend, and while I've never had these strange marshmallows you're talking about, I definitely am enjoying the delightfully delectable Loki GIFs. 10/10 execution. XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an EXCELLENT post idea (and, of course, extremely educational for people who may be wondering how they can do this). Let's do it. xD

      *cough* YES of course Kenz, how could I have been so mistaken. Zero sunshine there, none at all, nope. You are definitely a small and ferocious dragon who definitely never purrs like a cat. *offers you a handful of forks to munch on* *absolutely not to distract you from my sea town, which I am very fond of*

      Delete
  6. Good to hear from you again!
    I also sort of have hiatus at the moment, what with hectic work and all that. Your own work sounds wonderful (customer service aside).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Blue!! Work and adult life can certainly be pretty crushing to creative/social time such as blogging... so high-five for work-related blog-injuries xD

    ReplyDelete

rule 1: comment. or the owl will judge you
rule 2: no inappropriate language. or the owl will judge you.
rule 3: have fun. or the owl will judge you.
((rule 4: feed the owl, he likes cake))