Monday 3 October 2022

One Quirk Later: Prompt #16

 

 

Hello hello hello! I don't know why but it feels like a long time since I have been Quirk-ing with you all?? a situation which must be rectified! 

("Jem," you say, "if it feels like a long time, that's because the last Quirk was in July. That's three months ago. That is a long time." Shhhh dear ones. Let me gently muffle your entirely valid comments and bibbity bobbity boo us straight to the next Quirk!)

One Quirk Later: Prompt #16

*handwave-y towards my Pinterest*

Something about that kid is fascinating to me. I have not yet decided where on the alignment chart he looks like he would sit, but I do believe he would drink his juice either from a glass or a bowl. No in-between. 


To join in with the One Quirk Later madness:

  1. Write whatever this picture prompt inspires you to! 
  2. Post it on your blog! 
  3. Link back to this post—there's the image up the top of the post, too, if you'd like to use that. 
  4. Comment on one of my posts so I can come and read your amazing writing!
  5. And I'll drop links to everyone's stories in the next post. (:

On the last Saturday of October (or, you know... sometime around then??) I will post my Quirk in response to this prompt. But you can use any Quirk prompt (<= look, there's a bunch there!) at any time! Just let me know if you do, so I can come and read it and squeal. 💛

• • • • • • •

Is anyone doing NaNo next month? I feel like I ask this every time it's November or Camp, and always accompanied by a "...because I'm not" 😅 But if you are that's cool and I wish you the best! Go forth! Slay these first-draft beasts! Be not distracted by the fluffy plot bunnies! Steel your heart and chase your dream!

What else is up with everyone? Personally, I've just heard that one of my favourite musical groups is going to be doing two concerts in Australia—like, the other side of Australia, but sTILL. And I want to go SO BAD but also I anticipate tickets vanishing as soon as they go on sale, so. That's what I'm stressing over at the moment. xD

Also I've decided I might want to live in the city (because ✨convenience✨) and this is causing a lot of identity questioning. I have never lived in a city. Why would I want to live near People. 

(I do not believe this Mr Bennet encapsulated the spirit of his book character very well... but this gif is an excellent mood.)

16 comments:

  1. Ooh! This one looks fun! (I am imagining all sorts of domestic chaos. We shall enjoy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My quirk is quirked! https://samsbookshire.blogspot.com/2022/10/one-quirk-later-in-which-celery-is.html

      Delete
    2. Domestic chaos is definitely on the cards with this one!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, very excited for this prompt! This shall be fun :D

    (also, I FEEL YOU on the NaNo thing XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes but when will I seeee a Quirk from you, Zuko, hmm?? sometime when study isn't busy maybe? I can wait... I am patient..... *turns into a pair of owl eyes that settles in to watch*

      Delete
    2. This . . . this has not aged well. XD ONE DAY, I PROMISE.

      Delete
  3. I am not doing NaNoWriMo. I have grown past the need for it, and it always happens at an inconvenient time these days. But the new quirk sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entirely valid! I've heard a couple of people say that November isn't a convenient time in the US. (Not having Thanksgiving or college etc myself, it doesn't make as much of a difference xD)

      Delete
  4. Yay, another quirk! This child though. This child is adorable.
    I'm not doing Nanowrimo, but I have a friend who is, and I'm fully prepared to scream at her to write. Because she has told me about the book she's going to write, and now she really needs to write it so I can read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This child is adorable and also slightly feral in a wide-eyed innocent way. Fear the child.

      Ahh having one of your new favourite stories still stuck inside someone's head is an understated level of panic, in my opinion xD

      Delete
  5. The text prompt gives me flashbacks to...myself.

    Yay, quirks are back! And ooh, this is intriguing. The boy staring at the goldfish has my heart. Does my brain have ideas? No, it does not. But it WILL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me: I want to be kNOWN
      Also me: *never opens up to anyone ever*
      if that's at all what you're meaning, Sarah, well... I offer an awkward shoulder pat bc me too xD

      *rattles my brain to see if any spare ideas fall out* nope we're out there's just dust bunnies. (that's my secret actually. I'm bluffing my way through every one of these Quirks.)

      Delete
  6. https://thestorysponge.wordpress.com/2022/10/21/one-quirk-later-16-in-which-i-ignore-the-fact-that-im-taking-a-break-because-i-cant-just-skip-a-quirk-guys/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nicking in at the last possible second! (this quirk was sooo fun to write, Jem, THANK YOU for these)
    https://sarahseele.wordpress.com/2022/11/02/dont-keep-poetic-irony-in-the-fishbowl-one-quirk-later/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *strolls in days after your 'last possible second' with Starbucks* HI :D

      AaAA thank YOU for writing Quirks, Sarah!! they're always so much fun

      Delete

rule 1: comment. or the owl will judge you
rule 2: no inappropriate language. or the owl will judge you.
rule 3: have fun. or the owl will judge you.
((rule 4: feed the owl, he likes cake))