Tuesday 9 January 2018

9 Truths, 2 Lies (a short post?? who's writing this???)

In my Liebster Award post I promised I was saving the eleven random facts (about me!) for another post. This is that post.

But I lied.

I'm only going to give you nine. And two lies.

It's your job to tell me which you think is which.

(One of them I've mentioned before - little hint for those of you who've been reading my blog a while. ;)



 When I was [various stages of] young (such a long time ago!), I:


1. Could not BEAR shortbread

2. Tipped a jar of baby powder on my brother and then explained, "...it's snowing"


3. Learned to drive the tractor standing up so I could reach the pedal

4. Planned to marry my brother

5. Said I was going to run away as soon as I turned 18 because I hated the speargrass on our new property

6. Put my glasses down on the trampoline that oNE TIME


7. Hit a tree in the farm ute while fleeing a fire

8. Internally judged those who'd read LotR

9. Put a cereal box on my head and, according to unfortunate video footage, flapped my arms like a T-Rex doing breaststroke

10. Tore strips off pages of library books and ate the paper


11. Never had a nickname (beyond a shortening of my full name)


...I was going to put "Thought 'socialization' meant 'meet new bookcases'," but figured that one would be fairly easy to identify as truth...

This is probably unfairly hard? since I've never talked much about my life beyond what books I spend my time reading... but hey, you get to test out your guessing skills!


Which two do you think are the lies? Put them in the comments, and on - (ahhh - Saturday?) - ...Saturday! I will update this post to include the answers! 

(Also, do you have any comments to make about any of these facts? because I do. What were you doing, young me. What.)

Also also. This is one of my shortest posts in a looong time. Which is probably good?? they've been getting a bit unwieldy... xD

-------

Annnd... here's the update with the answers.




When I was [various stages of] young (such a long time ago!), I:



1. Could not BEAR shortbread - I don't know why? I'm only just starting to enjoy it. It's still not something I can eat heaps of, though.

2. Tipped a jar of baby powder on my brother and then explained, "...it's snowing" - I was very small at this time. Mum says she had to pretend to be cross, but actually found it pretty funny. We have a photo of my brother - he's so big-eyed about the whole thing. ;)

3. Learned to drive the tractor standing up so I could reach the pedal - I've only just learned to drive the tractor, despite living on a property for many years now. I was pretty young when I learned to drive the quad ("four-wheeler"?), but I could reach everything comfortably.

4. Planned to marry my brother - Not sure what my reasoning was for this decision, but my mother crushed my poor little plan fairly promptly. xD You can read a little more here - Q14 of the Summer Fun Tag.

5. Said I was going to run away as soon as I turned 18 because I hated the speargrass on our new property - At the time, I was sobbing and wouldn't get off the ground and everything. Speargrass seeds sticking into your socks and jabbing your legs, which get all itchy... well, it's traumatic for a smol kid who was raised in the suburbs. ;P

6. Put my glasses down on the trampoline that oNE TIME - I've never broken my glasses - in fact, I still have my first pair. Also, I'd never put them down on a trampoline. My mother trained me well - no floors, chairs, anything like that.

7. Hit a tree in the farm ute while fleeing a fire - This one tied with 10 for most voted a lie. Not sure why?? I may have made it sound worse than it was, though... I'd gotten separated from the other people who were burning this paddock, and thought I saw one through the trees. Turned out it was an orange flame, not a hi-vis shirt. I reversed into a tree, also knocking off a mirror, but it was a small fire and I was over-reacting.

8. Internally judged those who'd read LotR - Again, not sure what was going on in my head. I was a very judgemental kid, apparently. >.<

9. Put a cereal box on my head and, according to unfortunate video footage, flapped my arms like a T-Rex doing breaststroke - My family laughed... but with the box on my head, I couldn't tell they'd gotten the camera out.

10. Tore strips off pages of library books and ate the paper - *...dies* You trusted me, I know. FORGIVE MEEE. They were all old yellow-paged books too - old Nancy Drews and the like - which is gross??

11. Never had a nickname (beyond a shortening of my full name) - Despite being Aussie - and knowing people called "Hoppy" and "Trigger" and such - I never got a serious nickname. My full name's long, so I got a short version of that, but never a creative one. Julian tried with "Sam" (and I figured I'd be in good company there ;) but it hasn't seemed to stick?? (Although... maybe "Jem" counts as a nickname, now?)


So now you know alll my secrets. *looks around furtively* Don't tell the internet goblins... or the librarians. Help.

30 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Jem, these are all...ludicrous! *dies laughing at number 9* That is unbelievable...which is why I'm going to ASSUME that one is true. XDDDDDDDDD

    The lies are probably...4 and 11. They just seem the least far-fetched of the list. I could be very, very wrong, however. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ludicrous?? hmph! Nine of these are my real life! *sighs* Unbelievable though it may seem, I did in fact put a cereal box on my head and do weird things with my arms. You're right about that one. ;)

      Buuut... your two guesses were both truths, Faith! (Can I just ask why wanting to marry my brother would seem like the least far-fetched of the list?? xD)

      Delete
  2. 4 and 8. I'm probably wrong. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH *frantically starts pressing buttons*

    I'm gonna guess 2 and 6. But yeah. #clueless

    Every single one made me laugh tho. So that means they all sound 100% Jem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #2 was a truth, but you got #6 right! Well done, Julian ;)

      AWW THANKS <3

      Delete
  4. so I think 7 & 10?? 10 HAD BETTER BE WRONG xD and gosh these are hard. also, the second one. LOL. great post, and I can't wait to see the answers! XD

    sarah » the introverted extrovert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both truths, Sarah... I kNOW I'M SO SORRY. #10 is just eVIL and I now I've confessed I can never return to my library (let alone work there...) xD

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'd probably have said #7 was a lie if I were guessing, MK... it just sounds too adventurous to be me xP But both #1 and 7 are, in fact, truths!

      Delete
  6. o-o
    THIS IS SO HAAAARD
    Ummmm
    7 and 11
    *holds breath*

    DUDE THOUGH. I put cereal boxes on my head all the time. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope to both, Jane! ;) *pats you on the back*

      You do?? But... do you do the T-Rex arms??

      Delete
  7. I'd say that number 10 and is definitely a lie, but I can't find the other one....

    Loved the post, Jem!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to admit it, Catherine, but #10 is not a lie... *hides*

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  8. Ummm, geez this is hard! XD I'm going to go with 7 and 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does no one believe I crashed a ute into a tree?? (I wouldn't believe it, but never mind that...) On the other hand, Gray, I am so sorry to have to disillusion you and say that #10 is, to my shame, truth...

      Delete
  9. Omg I'm absolutely in shame but I have NO IDEA. Some of these are very oddly specific though.😂 So I'm going to guess 11 is a lie??? Maybe??? *whispers* I'm sorry. And I believe #9 is totally a truth and hopefully #4 is also true because I'm pretty sure my brother had that plan when he was 3 to our oldest sister so ya know. These things happen.😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #11 is not a lie... but #9 and 4 are both true, as you guessed, so you didn't do too bad ;P (Your brother did?? I'm not the only one??? xD)

      Delete
  10. Uuuuuuuuuhhhhh, 3 and 7. It's a total guess, pretty much. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Lila - you're the only person who correctly guessed #3! (#7 is true, though ;)

      Delete
    2. YAY! *whispers* Do I get a prize? ;D

      Delete
    3. *showers you in TimTams*
      *...still in their packets, because otherwise that's gross*

      Delete
  11. I'm going with #1 and #10. This entire post XD #2, #5, and #6 made me laugh the hardest, but they seem hilariously legit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 and 10 are both actually true, Olivia! And #6 is actually one of the lies... apparently I'm tricky! ;P

      Glad to hear this post amused you! :D

      Delete
  12. Well, those all sound too realistic - is one of the lies that there are no lies???? XD So . . . I'm going with . . . ugh, I can't decide! I'll take a wild guess and say 6 and 11. And I totally want to do the baby powder thing now. I'm so mature, obviously. :D Fun post!

    Brianna | noendofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would have been a good lie... no one would have known what to think! And apparently wild guessing is a good method, Brianna, because you got #6 right!

      And all we mature internet people totally want to see you do the baby powder thing. xD

      Welcome to my blog, by the way! And thank you for following and commenting. <3

      Delete
  13. Oh my word, these are all HILARIOUS!!! I must have missed the first post, though??? I must find it now....

    Um...um...I really have no idea which ones are lies??? #4 is oddly specific, so I'm pretty sure that one can't be a lie... And #9 is literally MY NEW FAVORITE THING and I think we can all agree you need to post that video footage now. XD I'm going to say #6 was a lie because you maybe did it more than once, perhaps?? No???? And...um...#10. Because I really don't know how that is even possible... XD

    This post was amazing, oh my word. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA KENZIE NO. There is no way I'm releasing that video footage.

      ...then again, I never thought I'd be posting a certain horrific piece of early writing... and because of YOU, I have to?? So you can keep hoping xP

      #6 is indeed a lie - but because I've never smashed my glasses. So. Wrong reason, right answer. xD And I would love to tell you that #10 is a lie... but *whispers* it isn't. *flees*

      Delete
    2. I am now modifying the 2018 Dare Squad to force you to share this video footage, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (And I actually forgot that I still need to post MY dare, which I am quite terrified about... Good thing I'm on Hiatus, yes??? XD)

      AHA!!! I am going to count this as a Kenzie Win. Reasons Schmeasons, amiright?? XD BUT HOW???? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? And they were....yellowed????? Jem, I am slightly worried about your childhood hobbies... XD

      Delete
    3. ...naaah. xD

      I keep forgetting about my dare t- um - I mean, what dare?? I definitely don't need to post anything I don't want to! (You, on the other hand... I look forward to it. xD)

      I'M WORRIED ABOUT SMOL ME TOO.

      Delete

rule 1: comment. or the owl will judge you
rule 2: no inappropriate language. or the owl will judge you.
rule 3: have fun. or the owl will judge you.
((rule 4: feed the owl, he likes cake))